The global food system is broken. The number of hungry and undernourished people in the world hovers at around 1 billion1 and the past few years have seen both worldwide food riots as well as epidemics of obesity and diabetes.
Preventing hunger: change economic policy
Tuesday 29 November 2011 by
Nature 479, 472–473 (24 November 2011)
Simply giving people food is not enough to prevent famine, says Peter Rosset. Instead, we need to overhaul the policies that have upended the food supply.
This author's articles
- Utopías en la era de la supervivencia
- O capital financeiro e a especulação com terras no Brasil
- A contra reforma agrária e o aumento das desigualdades sociais no campo
- New Alliance for Food Security and Nutrition in Africa raises concerns
- Soberanía alimentaria: reclamo mundial del movimiento campesino