The global food system is broken. The number of hungry and undernourished people in the world hovers at around 1 billion1 and the past few years have seen both worldwide food riots as well as epidemics of obesity and diabetes.
Preventing hunger: change economic policy
Tuesday 29 November 2011 by
Nature 479, 472–473 (24 November 2011)
Simply giving people food is not enough to prevent famine, says Peter Rosset. Instead, we need to overhaul the policies that have upended the food supply.
This author's articles
- Special Grassroots voices section prepared by LRAN
- Del conflicto de modelos para el mundo rural emerge la vía campesina como movimiento social transnacional
- Soberanía alimentaria: reclamo mundial del movimiento campesino
- Reclaiming Governance from the Market
- Utopías en la era de la supervivencia