Soybean Production in the Southern Cone of the Americas
This report aims to contribute to a better understanding of the implications of soybean production. To that end, it compiles and analyzes specific data on land and pesticide use in the main soybean producing countries of the Southern Cone of South America: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Paraguay, and Uruguay.
This document is based on statistics that has been generated by national official bodies, specialized institutions, and organizations that produce first hand data on soybean cultivation. Statistics from the United Nations Program on Food and Agriculture (FAO) and complementary information reported in published literature have also been included.
The findings of this report points out the more comprehensive analysis of the implications of soybean cultivation is required to assess the real ecological and social costs of its production in the Americas.
Articles by this author
- Interview with the Students of EDUCAR
- Direitos Humanos no Brasil 2016
- Las recetas no funcionan, lo que se propone son principios
- Brazil campaigners hail court decision canceling large land deal
- The “Engine of Economic Growth”: An Overview of Private Investment Policies, Trends, and Projects in Cambodia