Contrary to What Cojuangco-Aquinos Say, Farming Improved Lives of Many Luisita Folk
After the Presidential Agrarian Reform Council ordered the revocation of the SDO in Hacienda Luisita, the farmer beneficiaries launched what they call a "bungkalan" or the cultivation of idle Luisita land. It was both a political statement and a matter of survival for the farm workers who were facing extreme poverty in the hacienda owned by President Benigno S. Aquino III and his family. Farmers who participated swear that their lives improved after the "bungkalan."
Articles by this author
- Interview with the Students of EDUCAR
- Direitos Humanos no Brasil 2016
- Las recetas no funcionan, lo que se propone son principios
- Brazil campaigners hail court decision canceling large land deal
- The “Engine of Economic Growth”: An Overview of Private Investment Policies, Trends, and Projects in Cambodia