Agrofuels, Food Sovereignty, and the Contemporary Food Crisis
In this article, agrofuels are examined in the context of the world food price crisis and the “food sovereignty” pro-
posal for addressing the crisis. Both short- and long-term causes of the crisis are examined, and while agrofuels are
presently not a prime causal factor they are clearly contraindicated by the crisis. Food sovereignty, including a
moratorium on agrofuels, is argued to offer the best option for managing the crisis.
Keywords: agrofuels; biofuels; food crisis; food prices; food sovereignty; Via Campesina
Wail, O ships of Tarshish, for Tyre is laid waste, without house or harbor!
titre documents joints
Articles by this author
- Interview with the Students of EDUCAR
- Direitos Humanos no Brasil 2016
- Las recetas no funcionan, lo que se propone son principios
- Brazil campaigners hail court decision canceling large land deal
- The “Engine of Economic Growth”: An Overview of Private Investment Policies, Trends, and Projects in Cambodia